In March 2019, we invited guests to join our team and Bauman Lyons Architects for a placemaking workshop. The event sought to codesign and cocreate a new coworking space for our team in a heritage building in Bradford’s historic Little Germany district. Our new space will capture and support the ideas, skills and energy that we have in Bradford.
Inspirational Placemaking Event
14:00 – 14:20 – Welcome
Virtual tour of our building ‘How might we use these spaces to create a place?’
14:20 – 14:35
BIM Model Tour
Session 1: How might we use these spaces to create a place?
- 14:35 – Settling back in and Briefing
- 14:40 – Group work – ‘How might we use these spaces to create a place?’
- 14:55 – Sharing in centre cluster
- 15:25 – Comfort break – put out new sections and precedents, get slides ready]
Session 2: How will we make these spaces distinctive to Bradford?
- 15:30 – Introduce next session and quick presentation of co-working spaces examples and images.
- 15:40 – Group discussions – ‘How will we make these spaces distinctive to Bradford? brainstorm design ideas, notes, buzzword on drawing and each group will share their drawings and ideas at the end of 15mins.
- 15:55 – Sharing in centre cluster – feedback on people’s ideas as they are presented
- 16:25 – Wrapping up/contingency – What are we going to do next? What are we going to do with their ideas?