In June 2019, we partnered with Impact Hub Kings Cross as part of the British Council’s Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies (DICE) programme. Our team hosted a delegation from Pakistan, building links between the city’s Pakistani diaspora, its wider economy and Pakistan’s creative industries.
The delegation included representatives from Invest2Innovate, Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund and The Nest i/o.
Our team developed a detailed programme for the delegation, ranging from roundtables, events and workshops…
- An overview of the local social enterprise and creative ecosystems.
- A civic reception at City Hall, with local and civic leaders.
- A reception at the local Pakistani Consulate.
- Visits to Duke Studios, University of Bradford, Bradford Literature Festival and Yorkshire Adabee Forum.
- A workshop to allow delegates to co-design future collaborations together.
The visit was followed by a reciprocal delegation to Pakistan in September 2019, to further cement collaborations between our communities.